Established in 1962, Korean Air is the largest airline and flag carrier of South Korea. From its base at Seoul Incheon International Airport, Korean Air provides an extensive network of domestic and international services. The carrier's cargo division, Korean Air Cargo, is the third largest cargo airline in the world. Korean Air is a founding partner airline of the SkyTeam alliance.
Consistently recognized as one of the world's leading airlines in terms of in-flight service Korean offer a wonderful alternative to the South Pacific. Additionally Incheon International Airport is a modern and wonderfully functional transit point.
Korean Air from London Heathrow
Korean Air operate 1 flight a day from London Heathrow's Terminal 4 to Seoul with onward connections to New Zealand, Australia and Fiji
The following destinations can be reached on connecting flights:
Auckland: 1 flight per day
Sydney: 1 flight per day
Brisbane: 5 flights per week
Nadi (Fiji) - 3 flights per week
Note: On many of the above connections there is a wait of up to 6 hours in Seoul. The airport does, however, offer a comprehensive series of city tours of various lengths that coordinate with the flights and are free of charge. Apart from Auckland all of the return journeys require an overnight stop in Seoul.
On most flights your actual seats can be pre-booked at no additional cost. To help you decide your preferred seating check the aircraft type on your flight itinerary and look at the following website: www.seatguru.com
The following is the current baggage allowance on flights through to Australasia
Checked: Economy Class 23 kgs Prestige Class 2 x 32 kgs First Class 3 x 32 kgs
No one bag to exceed 32 kgs
Carry on: Economy 1 piece up to 12 kgs; Business & First 2 pieces up to 18 kgs
- This new 18-inch wide seat with sliding cushion and 121-degree reclining back support offers exceptional comfort unlike any other economy-class seat.
- A 10.6-inch high-resolution LCD wide screen with state-of-the-art audio and video on demand (AVOD) makes channel selection easy and your flight more enjoyable.
- The AVOD remote control is conveniently located, and each seat has a USB port for recharging electronic devices. Hangers are also provided for each seat so you can hang your jacket or coat.
- Korean Air, two-time winner of the prestigious Mercury Award, offers carefully selected Western, Chinese, Japanese, and traditional Korean menus with carefully selected wines. You will feel like you are dining at a world-class restaurant.
- Comfortable 180 degree, fully flat seat. The 21.6 inch wide seat with 74 inches of space between rows guarantees the best comfort and freedom during your flight.
- The back support and footrest are fully adjustable, and a one-touch button offers convenient freedom to change seat positions to match your comfort.
- The 15.4 inch LCD monitor and more convenient audio and video on demand provide a great variety in in-flight entertainment.
- With a large screen in the center and back shell, create your own personal space hidden from other passengers view.
The world’s finest restaurant in the sky.
You think you’re being served at a world-class dining establishment, and you are. A two-time winner of the prestigious Mercury Award, we offer carefully selected Western, Chinese, Japanese and traditional Korean menus, complete with top-quality wines that suit the unique characteristics of your destination and luxurious tableware.
- The First Class Kosmo Sleeper seat. This bed type seat is 78 inches long, 21.1 inches wide with an 83 inch space between seats that guarantees maximum comfort and total privacy.
- Enjoy a variety of in-flight entertainment programs in comfort with a 17 inch LCD monitor and more convenient audio and video on demand.
- With a large privacy screen in the center, create your own personal space hidden from other passengers' views.
- Made by Sennheiser, the world renowned German sound system maker, the ear friendly headset offers the ultimate in both audio quality and noise isolation.
In-flight meals and wine:
You think you are being served at a world-class dining establishment, and you are. A two-time winner of the prestigious Mercury Award, we offer carefully selected Western, Chinese, Japanese and traditional Korean menus, complete with top-quality wines that suit the unique characteristics of your destination and luxurious tableware.