Booking Conditions & Travel Information
The following booking conditions form the basis of your contract with All Ways Tailor Made Travel. We suggest that you read these carefully as they set out your rights and obligations.
All Ways, All Ways TailorMade and All Ways Touring are the trading names of All Ways Tailor Made Travel Ltd (783093) which is licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL 10514) to operate inclusive tour holidays. ATOL protects the customer from losing money or being stranded abroad. It does so by carrying out checks on the tour operators and travel organisers it licenses, and requiring them to take part in a financial guarantee scheme managed by the Air Travel Trust (ATT) which provides the funds to protect customers should a firm fail. The company is also a member of ABTA - The Travel Association (ABTA Y6562) and the Pacific & Asia Travel Association (PATA).
1. Your Financial Protection.Your holiday is protected under our Air Traffic Organisers Licence number 10514.
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk.
2. Your Holiday Booking. Prior to any form of commitment we will prepare a detailed quotation giving you the most up to date prices for your requested services. Our staff are always happy to offer advice and help in choosing all aspects of your holiday or tour and the suitability of certain destinations but please be aware that this is only an opinion. Further information should be sought from the relative tourist boards, libraries or the internet. To confirm a booking the party leader (the person to whom all correspondence should be sent) must forward to our office a notice of intent along with the payments referred to in clause 3. By confirming the quotation and paying the deposit the party leader confirms that he / she is over 18 years of age and is authorised to act on behalf of all other persons listed in the confirmation. All airlines now require the full names (as they appear in the passport) of all passengers travelling and you will be asked to provide this information, along with date of birth, passport number and expiry date and nationality.
3. Payment of Deposit. Confirmation of your booking (in the form of an invoice), if requested services are available, will follow receipt by us of your deposit of £200 per person (£400 for Escorted Tours). In certain cases additional deposit(s) and even full payments may be due and you will be notified on these occasions. This can apply to some specific airfares, special accommodation, sports tours, cruise options etc and are non-refundable in the event of cancellation. No contract shall exist between the Company and you until the confirmation of booking has been received by you.
4. Payment of Balance of Holiday Costs. Provided there are no changes to your holiday costs the confirmation invoice stands as a final invoice and must be paid on or before 70 days (10 weeks) prior to departure. Should it be necessary to make any changes then another invoice will be sent to you not less than 10 weeks prior to departure, otherwise your initial invoice stands as your final invoice. Balances paid by credit card are subject to a 3% surcharge. Should the balance not be paid by the due date then your booking may be cancelled without further notice and cancellation charges levied. On certain occasions flight prices are subject to tickets being printed at a specific number of days before departure. If this is within the period of the balance due date (10 weeks prior to departure) you will not necessarily be informed of this and tickets will not be printed until cleared funds appear in our bank account. Should the ticketing deadline be missed due to the balance not being paid by the due date you will be held responsible for any fees or charges relating to late ticketing. To take advantage of a special flight offer, ticketing may be required within a certain period after making the reservation and you will be informed of this on such occasions. The balance due date is shown on your invoice and no reminders will be sent.
5. Your Holiday Price. When requesting a quotation from us we will quote a price that reflects the exchange rate at that time. The cost of your holiday may be surcharged for a decrease in the value of the pound sterling against other currencies, aircraft fuel, airport charges or taxes, increase in schedule airfares and governmental action. The company reserves the right up to 10 weeks before departure to increase the price of any holiday (or elements of a holiday) to take account of any increase in the above costs. Even in this case the company will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday cost (or appropriate elements of the holiday cost). Only amounts in excess of 2% will be surcharged and there will be an administration charge of £1. If surcharges amount to more than 8% of your total holiday price you may change or cancel your holiday without penalty and all monies paid will be refunded. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place. Provided the final invoice is paid within the time specified (see clause 4) no further cost increases will be passed onto you. You can, at any time, pay the final balance of your holiday to reduce the risk of future surcharges or supplements. See also clause 18 – Flights.
Errors can occur during the booking process and we ask you to check all invoices for their accuracy. An overcharge or undercharge can occur at any time and we reserve the right to correct such mistakes at any time. In obvious cases this will also apply after the final balance has been paid. Flight prices are based on specially contracted airfares with each appropriate airline and subject to a specific booking class being available. At the time of booking, if this specific booking class is not available we may be able to secure seats in an alternative class but at an applicable supplement. Should this be the case you will be advised of any supplement at the time of booking.
6. Amendment by you. Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed holiday you must notify us in writing as soon as you can. An amendment fee of £25 per person / per change together with any communication charges or cost imposed by our suppliers will be charged. On certain occasions, and at our discretion, minor amendments can be made without charge prior to the balance due date.
7. Cancellation by you. All cancellations by the client must be confirmed in writing by personal or recorded delivery or registered letter, or email. A verbal message is insufficient; the cancellation is not effected until such confirmation is received by the Company. The following cancellation charges will apply:
More than 70 days loss of deposit(s); 31 - 70 days 50% of total holiday cost; 15 - 30 days 70% of total holiday cost; 8 - 14 days 90% of total holiday cost; 7 days or less 100% of total holiday cost.
We would strongly recommend that you take out full insurance which in most cases will cover loss of deposit or cancellation fees. If you have taken advantage of a special airline fare where you have paid in full for your flight ticket, the cancellation charge payable by you will be higher than the normal deposit or the appropriate cancellation charge detailed above.
8. Variation of your holiday by the Company. Due to circumstances beyond our control it may become necessary to alter the arrangements you have booked. Should this happen, you will be notified immediately and an alternative of the same or higher standard will be offered. You have the choice of accepting the changed arrangements, purchasing another holiday or cancelling in which case we will offer you a full refund of all monies paid, except insurance premiums.
It is unlikely we will have to make any changes to your holiday, but your arrangements may be planned many months in advance. Occasionally changes may need to be made and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes are minor and we will advise you at the earliest possible date. Flight timings and carriers confirmed are subject to change as a result of airline procedures.
If a major change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departing. When a major change occurs, provided it does not arise from circumstances beyond our control (see below), you will have the choice of either accepting the change or purchasing another arrangement. In all cases we will pay compensation per person as detailed below:
Period before departure within which a major change is notified to you More than 42 days Nil; 29 - 42 days £20; 15 - 28 days £30; 0 - 14 days £50
Changes due to circumstances beyond our control: We will not be liable to pay any compensation if we are forced to cancel or in any way change part or all of your holiday as a result of unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even with all due care. These include unavoidable technical problems with transport, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancelling of flights by an airline, the alteration of the airline or aircraft type, war or threat of war, civil strife, earthquake, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, bad weather, epidemic or terrorist activity. Group tours will always be subject to minimum numbers (these will vary depending on the specific tour chosen). Should it be necessary to cancel a tour, we will endeavour to inform you at least 3 months prior to departure.
9. Unused Services. No refund for unused ground content will be made for any reason. If you make any alteration to any portion of the holiday, such alteration will be at your own expense. Refunds are not available for services provided in the holiday price but not utilised by you. The one exception is open accommodation vouchers but a fee of £25 applies.
10. Your Holiday Contract. The Company accepts responsibility should the services it is contractually obliged to provide be deficient or not of reasonable standard, whether it provides the same itself or does so through its agents or suppliers, but it is not liable for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any of his party, except as provided under condition 11 below. Liability in respect of carriage by air or sea is governed by International Law and the liability of the specific carriers.
11. Liability. The Company accepts responsibility for the negligent acts and/omissions of its own employees or agents (but not air or sea carriers performing any domestic, internal or international carriage of any kind) in respect of claims arising as a result of death, bodily injury or illness caused to the signatory to the contract and/or any of the other persons named on the booking form. Claims under this condition, however, are subject to English Law in respect of any questions of liability or quantum and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.
12. Your Participation. The Company will not accept responsibility or liability for any client who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited. Clients detained as a result of infringement of any law or regulation may be excluded from the tour, without any right to refund or any other claim, by the appointed Tour Manager. We reserve the right to refuse to accept you as a customer or to continue to deal with you if your behaviour is disruptive or affects other travellers or is threatening or abusive towards our staff, agents or tour personnel. In exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to terminate your participation in any tour or tailor made travel arrangement if your behaviour is likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any other participant, staff or third party or damage to property. In these circumstances you will be asked to leave any accommodation or service immediately and we will have no further responsibility towards you including any future accommodation or return travel arrangements including onward flights.
13. Responsibility for Brochure/Website. Our brochure and website content are published on the sole responsibility of the Company. The airline section is not written on behalf of and does not commit the airline mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of the holiday. Such airlines own conditions of carriage will apply in all cases where its services are used.
14. Representative's Authority: No servant or representative of the Company has any right to alter, vary or waive any of these conditions or to undertake any liability whatsoever on behalf of the Company unless such be in writing and signed by a duly authorised person.
15. Insurance. All clients are required to take out adequate insurance cover against medical and personal accident risks. We offer the services of Travel & General Insurance Company plc. If you decide not to purchase this insurance, you must give us details, in writing, of your alternative policy (insurer and policy number). Please read you policy details carefully to ensure you are adequately covered, especially for cancellation cover, and that the policy meets all of your requirements.
16. Personal Injury. Any client who through misadventure suffers illness, personal injury or death during the period of their holiday arising out of any activity which does not form part of the foreign inclusive holiday arrangement or an excursion offered through the tour operator shall be afforded every assistance in the form of advice, guidance and initial financial assistance where appropriate up to a limit of £5,000 per booking form. If this is covered by any form of insurance policy then a claim should be made on this policy in the first instance.
17. Complaints & Problems. Should you have any reason to complain or should you experience any problems with your holiday you should in the first instance inform our agent or supplier concerned. Most problems are resolved quickly but should you remain dissatisfied you must write to us within 28 days of returning to the UK. We are members of ABTA, membership number Y6562. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA's Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA's scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we cant resolve your complaint go to www.abta.com to use ABTA's simple procedure. Further information on the code and ABTA's assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
18. Flights. Most flights require ticketing within a short time of the booking being made but on occasion we can book flights (Inclusive Tour Fares) that do not need to be ticketed until after your balance becomes due. The price of these flights are not guaranteed and the airlines can impose surcharges or additional taxes at any time. You can avoid any such surcharges by paying for, and having your tickets printed, at any time.
The flight numbers and times on your confirmation are for the purpose of guidance only and are subject to change. The latest times will be shown on your tickets when dispatched 10 days prior to travel - please check these carefully to ensure you are conversant with the times. It is no longer necessary to reconfirm your flights as you travel but it is prudent to check departure times as they can change after your tickets have been printed. We strongly recommend (particularly if flying in economy class) that you check in early if you have particular seat requests. We are able, in some cases and on some airlines, to pre-book flight seats in economy but these are not guaranteed and only a certain percentage are available for pre-booking - the rest are available to book online or at check in.
E-Tickets: You will find that all of your tickets are in the E-Ticket format. This is where you do not have a paper ticket but just a confirmation of what is booked - at the check in all you need do is present you passport as all of your information is stored electronically. In most cases you will be able to check in online 24 or 48 hours prior to travel, depending on the airline.
19. Travel Delay. In the event of a delay on your touring itinerary, your Tour Manager will keep you informed and All Ways Tailor Made Travel will ensure that any inconvenience is kept to an absolute minimum. Should you incur a delay to your domestic or international flights, we will do all possible to assist in the communication of information provided by the airline and in liaison with the airline over welfare and provision. However, the actual welfare or provision provided will be determined by the airline concerned.
20. Security Abroad. We take the safety and security of our clients extremely seriously. If the Foreign Office advises that people should not visit a certain country or region, then we would act on this and reserve the right to cancel any part of your itinerary that visited this country or region. To make the planning of your visit abroad as trouble free as possible we recommend that you check the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) website before you book. Site address: www.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo.
21. The Proper Law of this contract is English Law.
Data Protection Statement Please be assured that we have measures in place to protect the personal booking information held by us. This information will be passed on to the principal and to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will only pass your information on to persons responsible for your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary/religious requirements. (If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we will be unable to provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.) Full details of our data protection policy are available upon request.
Valid from: 02 January 2018
Valid until renewed